I posted jeans for buddy boy earlier this week. Surprise, the 3T jammies aren't fitting either. If only I had a photo of his little confident belly poking out under a risen Mickey Mouse or Elmo shirt hemline.
The goal was to make two of these during naptime, so I was on high speed. So, learning curve went hyperdrive...
I took time to add something to the front of each becuase I'm pretty confident he won't wear anything without a specific reason... like a sport or character that he likes being on he shirt... I obviously didn't use any type of interfacing... just went to town with the triple stitch.
Also, I din't pin the first sleeve and was short like 3/4 of an inch at the end... lesson learned the next few were easier.
Last, the pattern gave the measurements for the neck binding and the cuffs... and didn't indicate stretch except in the pattern after it was folded and sewed. This froze me for like 20 minutes thinking through how the piece would look, which way it would be folded, then where it would be sewn, and which way the stretch would need to go. I figured it out correctly, eventually.
Finally, I don't know why the neckline topstich was so difficult... but seriously, it caused me problems. I bombed through it... I figure he's only wearing these at night anyway...
Overall, success... His belly will be covered.